Which Blog Platforms Do People Use?

I’m researching which blogging platforms to integrate into RW. I’ve used RW Writer in the past, but wanted to see what other options are available.

It would help to know what you want to accomplish and what constraints you’re working around.

A very general answer: the Poster stack works marvelously well with Foundry. Beautiful combo. And the Poster stack is good for more than just regular blogging.

More here:
https://instacks.com/posterstack/

2 Likes

Thanks @mitchellm. My bad, I’m looking to design a website for a client and they would use a blogging platform that integrates within Rapidweaver. Other than that, there are no constraints at the moment, just looking for what has been used in the past so we can start testing things out.

1 Like

RW Writer is good for what you describe.

2 Likes

I just set up such a site and I have opted for RWWriter, which I think is the easiest way. I have used the WordPress stack as well and it runs very good. But the Blog is not hidden at WordPress, I wanted it to show on the RW page only…

2 Likes

You can self host wordpress on your own web host if it is supported using the Wordpress stack also.

1 Like

Another good option is Armadillo. Jonathan (the developer) has a full-time job doing other things now, so development has slowed quite a bit. But there’s nothing wrong with it functionally.

RW Writer still may be the best option for you. I think it has a monthly cost, Armadillo is a one time cost. But if Jan found RW Writer easy then they may be worth more than any money savings.

3 Likes

I too like Armadillo, particularly as it is in the form of several stacks which allows you to display a blog and/or blog headlines anywhere on a site.

2 Likes