Video Embed YouTube Tracking Cookie

Hi,

I have a YouTube video embedded on my website using the Video Embed stack and all works very nicely. Today while playing with the new features of Safari on Big Sur I found that the web page has a tracker within it - doubleclick - and a process of elimination has found that this is related to the YouTube embed. Unfortunately this falls foul of GDPR.

I have searched online and found that there is a way to disable this (How to Embed YouTube Videos Without Breaking GDPR Rules) but it requires the embed code to replace the domain name YouTube dot com by youtube-nocookie dot com

Is there a way to implement the solution recommended above?

Many thanks,

Dave

I’ll take a look at it as a possible option for a future update.

1 Like

That would be great. Thank you

Thank you for the new Foundry update. I used it today to embed a YouTube video and selected the no cookie mode. Unfortunately it seems that this still embeds the ide and test_cookie cookies from doubleclick.net. It does avoid the VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC & GPS cookies from YouTube but is unfortunately not entirely cookie free. I wonder if this a problem with the youtube-nocookie.com service

I can only implement what they make available unfortunately. I’m out of the office, but I’d encourage you to do some research on it if that is something that interests you. If you find information you find useful, please feel free to share it with me. You can drop me an email.

Will do. Thanks again for all your work on this. It seems that Google are being a bit underhand with the no-cookie thing.

1 Like