Updated Elixir themes for GDPR requirements

I just posted this on the Realmac Forum, but wanted to cross post it here for everyone as well:

I’m popping in here to give everyone a quick link to a blog post I’ve made regarding my updated themes. I’ve updated all of the themes I currently sell to internalize components such as javascript libraries and fonts.

The blog post tells you what has been updated and how to download your updated themes.

Also, a user on the Realmac forum found a bug yesterday that got introduced into the theme updates that I’d published previous to today (May 15, 2018). I believe it stems from a bug in the way RapidWeaver handles the Banner settings in the PLIST file. I’ve updated all of the themes to correct this problem as well. So, if you have by chance already downloaded your updated theme(s) you’ll still want to head over to the blog post and grab the latest versions.

I’ve included in the updates the ability to issue in-app updates going forward, if all works as it should.

And lastly, I’d like to make a request if possible – I know everyone has a differing opinion on what the GDPR laws cover and what needs to be done to make things compliant. If we could leave that discussion for other threads I would be grateful. If you start other threads about the topic and would like me to view or discuss things within them, let me know, but I’d like to if possible keep this thread focused on the theme updates and any questions people might have about updating their themes.

Head over to the blog, read up on the updates, and grab your updated themes.

4 Likes

For TypeFace - have a look at the CustomFont stack from @instacks. It makes integrating local fonts very easy AND it does support TypeFace. You tell which fonts belong to which TypeFace and use the control center to define which TypeFace should be used for the header and for the base font. That’s all. Give it a try, it works perfect for me!

2 Likes

@Fuellemann – I’ve already got something in beta testing for Typeface. Testers have had it a few days now. If all goes well I’ll roll it out next week. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for all of your support and constant updates. Great work @elixirgraphics

2 Likes

Not a problem @Nostrildomus.

1 Like

I can only agree with that. After several unsuccessful tries with CSS code, i used the CustomFont stack and it worked amazingly easy!