Potion's Angle stack question

Angle can work properly only, when the containers before and and after has white background? I have tried using Angle on a coloured background and my experience is that it doesn’t work properly. Documentation doesn’t contain information about it would work with white backgrounds only.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Divider works on a dark background just fine. Just built a simple test project here and it is working as expected:

You can download this test project here: angle-test.rw8.zip • Droplr

Try to change the background colour of the first paragraph’s container to blue, for example. In my experience this way the Angle stack doesn’t work properly, but maybe I do something wrong.

This is what happens if you change the paragraph to blue in the above example:

Not sure why you’d be doing that if you’re putting it into the Angle stack, as that is the background you’re trying to apply there. The stack seems to be working as it should. If you’d like create a new, simple project that recreates the problem I’d be happy to look at it. So far I cannot replicate the problem you’re describing. If you decide to make a simple project that shows the problem, send it to adam at elixirgraphics dot com and when I am able to look next I will.

Thanks, I will send it today, maybe I wasn’t clear enough what the exact problem is.

Looking at your project file example I can definitely tell I did not understand what you were trying to describe. This is why I like to get project files in-hand. Thank you.

As for your issue – the Angle stack has to make the two angled areas above and below its main content, use a negative z-index. This means they appear at the very bottom of the “stack” of items and everything else is above them.

That’s how the text from the stack above is able to bleed over the angled area in the example to make a seamless transition. Here I’ve made the text red so you can see what I mean:

The angled section goes behind the container at the top. This is how the stack has to work. By colors the top container’s background like you have it overlaps the angled section. It is working how it should work in order for it to accomplish its task, it just isn’t going to allow what you’re trying to do in this case.

You might try looking at the Mask stack stack that comes in Foundry v2. It might be better suited for doing what you want to do.

Thank you so much for your help and support!

Not a problem. Thanks for sending that project file over showing what you were seeing. It always makes it so much easier to help diagnose things.