Nav Bar Update V1.3.4.6

The Nav Bar Update V1.3.4.6 which has been presenting itself to me via the RW stacks update for a number of days simply will not update on any of my 3 machines.

What is the issue?

When you say it won’t update, can you be more specific? Do you see the update is available? If so when you click on the update is it downloaded and installed? If so when you restart RW is the update not applied? If it is installed and applied after restart does it keep asking you to update? Just trying to find when it is failing for you since your first post was short on specifics.

Anyone else have a problem installing the latest v1.3.4.6 update for Foundry v1?

I suspect you’re likely having this problem –

• Update presents itself.
  • You update, and it installs.
  • Upon restart is still thinks you need to update.
  • Infinite loop.

This is because I messed up and type the version number in the upload file incorrectly. Just fixed this for the update on the server. Give it another shot at updating and let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Also as a note about this update specially – The code for this update is also found in Foundry v2 already, as the code was written for Foundry v2 initially.

1 Like

Hi Adam

I am sorry to advise that the issue continues.

My Nav Bar installation remains at 1.3.4.5

You’ll note that Alloy also appeared as an update - this stack updated without issue.

I have attempted many times to update the Nav Stack but it continually fails - even after restarting RW it remains on version 1.3.4.5.

When I invoke stack updates the Nav Bar stack update appears but for reasons unknown repeatedly fails to update.

I am unsure what other information I can provide but please review my attached screenshot.

Paul

Could you help me by answering these questions?

Adam

Please note as follows :

Do you see the update is available? Each and every time I check for updates the option to update Nav Bar appears

If so when you click on the update is it downloaded and installed? It appears not to download and does not install

If so when you restart RW is the update not applied? When I recheck Stack updates after restarting RW the Nav Bar update reappears.

If it is installed and applied after restart does it keep asking you to update? It does not install

Just trying to find when it is failing for you since your first post was short on specifics. - Hope ythe above helps

Paul

Nav Bar is updating fine here but can confirm the update is still present after hitting the update button.
I think @elixirgraphics didn’t update the internals of the stack to V1.3.4.6

EDIT: seems @elixirgraphics fixed it just now.

Haven’t changed anything. Just got done with lunch after mowing the yard. First I’m sitting down to the computer.

So it is working OK for you now @RobertReinink?

@csmltd Thanks for answering those questions. If it isn’t installing at all, then that is not something I have control over here. If it were installing, but still showing a new version after restart that would be different, as that I have control over. But if the Foundry update doesn’t disappear from the list after the progress bar next to it fills up then that may be the Stacks updater.

Unfortunately I have some more questions for you – do you click the Update button next to Foundry or the Update All button? If it is the latter I always recommend using the former and clicking just the individual Update button next to Foundry. Foundry is a big update, even for one change, and the Stacks updater seems to struggle with large updates. It always has.

I know this is a big ask, but do you have something like Screenflow, or another tool where you could record your screen as you do the update? That would be immensely helpful, too.

Seems this issue has now resolved itself after countless attempts.

I suspect it was this:

Just glad you’re all sorted now!