Forms Pro Question

Hi Everyone -
I was hoping to be able to put 2 forms on the same page. It almost worked, but when one is filled out successfully, the other says there was an error with the ‘are you human’ test question (I have them set to different answers).

I’ve read in the forums that it’s not a good idea to have more than one form on a page. My new idea is to put it in a popover or modal. Would that work? I vaguely remember reading somewhere if you do that, you aren’t able to get the feedback that the info was sent successfully or not. I think that’s kind of important.

Also - I was hoping to use SideSlide for this, but I can’t figure out how to make it work from a link in text. Does it only work form a button?

Thanks!

Two forms on the page are not going to work together, whether they’re in a modal or not. They’re still sharing the page.

Good to know - I may be able to move things to another page. Can the SideSlide stack work off of a text link or does it have to be a button?

Thanks!

If you mean a text link within say a Paragraph, then no, that isn’t an option. The trigger for the stack is built-in to the stack. You can make that trigger look like a link if you want (CleanShot 2020-05-19 at 11.38.20 · CleanShot Cloud) but you cannot trigger it off of text in a paragraph.

Just a note – in the future when posting a new topic, be sure to start a new thread instead of lumping the new question in a previous unrelated post. A new thread helps other users find these questions and possibly helps them in getting answers for themselves as well. Lumping them in with existing threads of unrelated topics makes discoverability much harder. :+1:

Duly noted - they were related in my head as I mentioned using a modal for the second form

That being said - feature request - being able to make a text link launch the sideSlide stack

For added detail to your feature request – What would you see as a good, user friendly way of accomplishing that? I ask because I don’t see one that is easy and straight forward myself, off the top of my head, and am interested in how you envision seeing that work within Edit Mode.

Hmmm, maybe my verbiage is wrong. Instead of having to place a button on a page, it would be nice to have the option of using a link instead like this:

where you can click on the word ‘here’ to launch the SideSlide stack. In my case I would put a form in it. In general, it would be nice to have different approaches to triggering the stack.

Hopefully that cleared it up.

Also, back to my Form question - does a Form in a modal not give the ‘success’ response once something has been sent successfully? If not, I’ll need different approach anyway :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it did not.

My question is related to how users would configure that link to trigger the modal. The link and modal are not in the same stack. So my question was how you might envision this setup happening in Edit Mode, because I don’t see a straight forward, easy way of doing this off the top of my head.

Hmm, I think that’s out of my control as to what appears in the stack inspector window. I thought I saw controls for the button (which would already be the link if I’m not mistaken). Maybe a section where you could choose how it links - button / text link / etc. I ended up having to use BWD PopDrop to do something - I just learned that I could do this (newbie stuff I know)

That wasn’t obvious to me, as it’s outside of the new-user friendly url/ page/ resource options available when you set a link.

I see stuff like this in the stacks inspector, so I thought that could be an option, but maybe not.

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 9.35.41 AM

If it can’t be done or it’s not worth the effort, I completely understand.

It’s not that is can’t be done. It can. I have several ways to do it. The problem is making it user friendly in the process.

Well, that’s kind of your thing - it’s why, as a beginner / non-coder, I chose Foundry over Foundation :slight_smile:

Right, but to be clear, I see no user friendly way to make it happen. This mean that the process will likely be more difficult for the user than it should be. It is the reason the feature, to date, does not exist in the stack. :wink::wink:

Don’t worry - once I have a free moment I can put my two cents in with specifics - I live for user friendly!
I’ll be back (add accent for full effect)

I did this here:
www.operationcanadianshield.com by using Formloom 4.
I created 2 different Formloom4 pages in RW (Foundry Site) then used the Formloom stack to place them side by side on a Stacks page. The rest of the page and site is built with Foundry. Working flawlessly!

Cool! I’ll keep this in mind for next time. I just may need to invest in Formloom. It has come up a couple of times in the context of the problems I’ve had (some self-inflicted to be sure) . Thanks for your input!