Cinema stack on Firefox

Just played a bit with the cinema stack. on my HP www.buehrer.com.
On Safari and Chrome the video loads correctly, on Firefox only the banner picture loads and no video played. Firefox on iPad works just a problem with the video size.
Discovered that the video works on this page

Hmm. I’m going to have to guess it is something to do with your setup, as the stack does work in Firefox. If you check out the Cinema Documentation page in Firefox you’ll see it humming along fine: Cinema Documentation

If you want to send me a ZIP file containing your project file and you video files I’d be glad to take a look when I have time.

Thanks for the offer. but the Buehrer.rw8 zip file is 230 MB. It is indeed a problem with this project because I tried it in another site and there it is working properly.
Do you have an idea where/what I should search for?

The size of the file doesn’t matter to me at all. I’ve received much larger project files in the past. You can use something like Dropbox to send a link to the file over and I’ll happily download it and take a look.

Wetransfer.com is also good for sending large files. It’s free and there’s no sign up process.

Rob

1 Like

Thanks for that hint. I used onedrive, but it’s a nice option for the future

Received your project file this morning. It looks like you’ve only included an MP4 video file. Try providing the WEBM video file as well, which you should be doing. Once you add that file you’ll then want to do do a Republish All Files from within RapidWeaver. Once republished you can check it out in Firefox. You’ll want to clear your browser cache too just as a precaution to make sure you’re seeing the latest upload.

Let me know if that works out. If not we’ll go from there.

Thank you for the help. with WEBM it is running on all browser types I have.

Some browsers require different file types. This is why I included the two bare minimum types in the stack. Glad to hear it is working as expected for you.

To clarify, what I did was publishing only the WEBM version and it ran on Chrome & Firefox but not on Safari and iPAD. Then I selected both, WEBM & MP4. Now its running on all platforms.

Yes, this is what I was referring to in my previous post.

sorry thats my “english knowledge”…

No problem at all. Just glad you’re back up and running. :smiley: