Alloy Editor image upload

Hi all,
I have a problem with the image upload in alloy editor.
It seams that there is already a problem when i add a new post (see screenshot)
It seams there is a broken link (sorry, I am not sure if I use the right words)

I use PHP 7.0.33

I use the newest Version of Alloy I bought some weeks ago so I never use “the old” Alloy editor without the new image upload.

What I am doing wrong?
Many thanks in advance for help :wink:

Hi @Toto

A couple of things you might try –

• Make sure your filenames do not contain any special characters. This include umlauts, tildes, etc over characters as well as spaces. Keep filenames simple.
  • Make sure your images folder that was created by Alloy on your server has write permissions. Permissions of 755 should suffice.
  • If that doesn’t clear it up, you may try updating to PHP 7.2 and see if that clears things up for you.

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.
Unfortunatly i could not solve the problem.

I made an “testimage.jpg” (see screenshot)
When i upload the picture in the editor i could not see the thumbnail in the preview.
The folder “image-uploads” remains empty, the “testimage.jpg” is not inside after saving the new post.
When i take a look at the new blogpost there is only the alt tag seen “Bild” (see screenshot)

I changed the PHP Version to 7.2.22 (see screenshot)

I had write permissions. (see screenshot)

Do you have another idea for me? Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience and the work I do to you.

btw
For a test I made a second installation on another server with another hoster and i had the same problem with the image upload.

Best regards
Toto

Good morning @Toto

Very strange. Let’s see if we can’t get to the bottom of things. I’ll need you to send me a ZIP file containing the following items:

• Your PHP error log file.
  • A copy of your RapidWeaver project file for this site.
  • The image you’re trying to upload.

You can email the ZIP file to adam at elixirgraphics dot com. If it is larger than 5mb or so you’ll need to send it via Dropbox or a similar service.

As a quick test I threw together an Editor stack page and it is working here as expected, so it likely has something to do with your setup or server.

All worked out. @Toto had simply setup the Editor incorrectly, placing it in the main site folder instead of its own folder. With that changed everything is back to working as intended.

Thanks again Adam :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like