I have a problem with the image upload in alloy editor.
It seams that there is already a problem when i add a new post (see screenshot)
It seams there is a broken link (sorry, I am not sure if I use the right words)
I use PHP 7.0.33
I use the newest Version of Alloy I bought some weeks ago so I never use “the old” Alloy editor without the new image upload.
What I am doing wrong?
Many thanks in advance for help
Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.
Unfortunatly i could not solve the problem.
I made an “testimage.jpg” (see screenshot)
When i upload the picture in the editor i could not see the thumbnail in the preview.
The folder “image-uploads” remains empty, the “testimage.jpg” is not inside after saving the new post.
When i take a look at the new blogpost there is only the alt tag seen “Bild” (see screenshot)
I changed the PHP Version to 7.2.22 (see screenshot)
I had write permissions. (see screenshot)
Do you have another idea for me? Thanks a lot and sorry for the inconvenience and the work I do to you.
For a test I made a second installation on another server with another hoster and i had the same problem with the image upload.
Hi @Paty – You don’t likely have the same problem as @Toto did. That said, did you follow the installation and editor tutorials videos step-by-step? If not please do so. Doing so will get things setup as they should be.
The tutorials can be found here:
After you’ve gone through the tutorials step-by-step, if you still have a problem I’ll need you to provide me the following things in a ZIP file:
(1) Your project file
(2) Your posts folder from your server
(3) Your image-uploads folder from your server
I’ll also need to know what version of PHP you’re running on your server as well as it might be helpful to know who your host is.
Let’s begin with your font problem – You’re loading the same font three times on the page in the Typeface stack. The final time you load it you’re omitting the bold variation. You should only be loading a font once in Typeface and assigning it all of the weights you’ll be using on the page. This incorrect configuration is likely your problem with the bolding.
As for your images – It looks like you’ve got your URL pointing somewhere strange. This is because of your configuration of your publishing address in RW I suspect.
This is where images are pointed, due to your configuration:
You should have entered this instead as this is the actual address of your site: https://m22.be/
So when the Editor created the URLs in your post it put the baseurl from your publishing settings in thinking you had supplied the correct location, as it only knows what you tell it. Thus it created the wrong URLs in your blog posts.
Correct this field with the right address, “Republish All Files” and then edit your post, or create a new one, and re-upload your image and you should be good to go.
That said, try it out and let me know how it goes. You might be best just deleting your posts from your posts folder as well as the images in your image-uploads folder and starting again just to be sure if it isn’t too big of a pain.