Alloy and a search stack

I have begun using Alloy for a website. Alloy places all its blog posts in a folder (posts) on the server.

I am also using 1DL’s Live Search stack as the search ‘engine’ for my website. This stack can index everything that is exported from the Rapidweaver file to the server. This, by definition, excludes the blog posts since the are not published by Rapidweaver.

It is possible to manually instruct Live Search to index individual webpages. But this is quite a slog to do for every blog post and also prone to errors and high maintenance costs as the site grows.

What solutions do people have for a search capacity for Foundry sites in which Alloy is also being used?

Perhaps a Google search engine:
https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4513751?hl=en&ref_topic=4513742

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give the link a read. But for GDPR reasons, I had been hoping for a solution that keeps the visitor completely within the site, including when searching. Live Search is very good but has this flaw when it comes to Alloy’s blog posts due to the way Alloy publishes them.

Alloy does not generate a static page for blog posts. While other tools might be able to search the files I don’t believe they’ll be able to build the proper URL to display the blog page with the post. Perhaps I’m wrong though and there are some third-party RapidWeaver tools that will accomplish this.

Search is something that is on the list of possible future updates for Alloy. Being that I have not even started looking into this yet I can’t make any promises. This doesn’t solve your problem for now, or even in the near future, I know.

Thank you for that information, Adam. I look forward to the future update.

To be clear, I am more concerned with a user being able to search the site, and hit across a news item on the blog. Hopefully someone will have had some experience with other RW search stacks that can achieve this.

Otherwise, for now, I’ll have to create manual links for each generated page. A more long-term, baked into Foundry/Alloy would be helpful down the road.

I don’t understand why you’d need to do that. The summaries pages create links to posts. When a bot visits your site it renders the PHP and thus will see the links to your posts.

The way 1LD’s Live Search works is that it indexes the pages created within Rapidweaver. It does not index all pages on the server.

So I’m speaking about a search capacity within the website, not Google or other searches engines.