Adding Blog with Alloy

Can you send me your PHP error log file from the server? That might help me as well.

yea… I would need instructions for how to do that though…

DreamHost has great documentation, just have to search it: Viewing your access and error logs via SFTP – DreamHost Knowledge Base

As for your project – I just published it here on my DreamHost server, changing nothing but the publishing details and URLs and setting up a different login (admin/password).

Here’s a quick video: zac-two.mp4 • Droplr

You can give it a go yourself by logging in here: https://elixirgraphics.com/test/test-for-zac/editor

You can see the blog here: https://elixirgraphics.com/test/test-for-zac/blog

ok… i guess it’s the domain thing then. i’ll check getting that php log to ya too

ok… i guess it’s the domain thing then. i’ll check getting that php log to ya too

That is the only difference I can see between our setup currently. After I see the log I can give you more insight.

OK this DMS file is what you want?

There should be an error.log file if you keep going further, as shown in the DreamHost documentation.

If there isn’t then there was not a PHP error, which would lead me to believe that Alloy didn’t have a PHP error and it is a server error. And in that case I think perhaps finishing your setup of your server with a domain might help.

Addendum – Stupid me I just looked back at your original post for this problem and it is even displaying an “Internal Server Error” message.

If after you setup your domain properly you keep running into this, then I suggest contacting DreamHost about that Internal Server Error.

lol right? I dunno what that means… but i guess you do.

So it’s domain eh? OK i’ll see if I can fix that

I can’t tell you what it entails unfortunately as it is likely something to do with your server setup. My suggestion would be to contact Dreamhost if setting up your domain name does name fix your problem.

contacted support. Lady there fixed it seems it was somewhere along the lines of what u were saying:

“so the sub-domain was not properly configured, I had to remove the www in order to add the SSL”

“that was one thing, the other, I saw there were some JIT memory failed errors on the log”

Didn’t know I had any ssl yet… but I guess thats the next step for me to fix this domain stuff…

Good to hear. Glad you got it sorted. DreamHost support has always been very good for me, and I’m glad to see they’ve helped you out as well with your server mi-configuration.