Adding Blog with Alloy

I’m on video two of this tutorial. I got as far as creating the blog page after the editor… that is all there but…

after creating a post:

and saving / publishing… I get no result:

Also when I go to the blog page I get a warning:

Thanx for any help

You’ve verified that your server is running PHP v7 or newer?

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.23.35 PM

Send me your project file and I’ll publish a test here on my server using it tomorrow.

ok thanks for checking sending now

I did not receive anything. If your file is larger than 4mb remember you have to send it with a service like WeTransfer.

ok sent again… i keep spelling elixir with an e …

I received your project file on your second try.

I changed the publishing settings to reflect my server credentials and the published the project file.

As you can see here your project if working as it should: test-for-zac.mp4 • Droplr

I suggest contacting your host to make sure things are setup correctly for your PHP installation.

I would also suggest making sure you setup the website URL correctly in both the General and Publishing settings. As you see below the two match one another:

Also I’ll leave this test project live for a few more hours if you’d like to try it for yourself.

The Editor is here: https://elixirgraphics.com/test/test-for-zachary-morris/editor

The login credentials for the Editor are:

Username: admin
Password: password

And the blog is here: https://elixirgraphics.com/test/test-for-zachary-morris/blog

This test project will be deleted from the server by the end of my work day.

1 Like

OK I guess it’s the amazon lightwave server… I’ll contact them see what they say…

thanx for the help

Honestly, I’d suggest a host that is more for entry level users. Something like DreamHost that offers solid service and good support. Just my 2 cents.

Also did you check to make sure your URLs are configured correctly? You need to fill out the fields indicated with matching URLs.

Also, make sure your server is not Windows based.

Adam is right EM. Whilst Amazon can work, you will have a lot less headaches with a good host. It’s not necessary to keep recreating your instance all the time when all you need to do is clear out the files you have uploaded.

3 Likes

It’s linux and LAMP … I think I already did the URL thing… but i’ll try again…

Amazon support said it’s easier to just delete the server and make a new one… so thats what i’ve been doin…

I figured amazon was cheapest and I wanted to use S3 to store my videos. I’ll look at dreamhost and see if they have file storage or large storage on their servers… Always good not to support a company trying to monopolize everything also…

thanx

Well looks like ya’ll were right, I put it up on dream host for 4$ and it’s working already… took about 30 minutes… didn’t need to contact them at all… pretty simple and self-explanatory… didn’t setup anything… just used default username … generic host name… made a password… works.

So I guess i’ll go ahead and use Dreamhost… probably need to buy a full package…

Adam did you have any suggestions on the extra space at the bottom of that home page? It seems to pop up after using the overlap stack.

Happy Holidays

Getting an error when I try to delete a post on the blog from the editor…

Are you sure that you’ve correctly typed your site URLs in both the General and Publishing settings of your Project file? It is essential that these are setup correctly.

If you believe you’ve followed the Quick Start tutorial videos step-by-step and are still having a problem, then please send me a ZIP file containing your current project file and your PHP error log file from your server.

Yea man sorry to bother about this… I just rechecked your quick start videos for everything, didn’t find anything missing… so I sent another transfer to you… I suspect it’s something about my server setup on dream host…

Do you have a domain name for your site or are you just using the IP address? If it is the later you might try using an actual domain name for your site.

Addendum – Just looked at your project file and am wondering, is your domain name “zacmor25.dreamhosters.com” or is that a temporary domain name DreamHost assigned you? You probably need a real domain name for your site.

it’s just the temporary… i have one over from everweb… i’ve not integrated it yet

After you have everything setup with a real domain then give it another try. If you like I can publish your project file here again but I don’t suspect I’ll run into any problems.