Typeface Stack not displaying fonts in preview

Sorry for the misunderstanding with my project file above. I thought the problem was with all fonts in Typeface, not solely Self-Hosted fonts. I’ll take a closer look at this now using @ennui-narwhal’s project file.

That said, this seems to be a problem with the way RW is generating the URL to the resources folder.

Just ran some tests with @ennui-narwhal’s project file. I do in fact still see the problem in RapidWeaver v8.0.3. So I updated to RapidWeaver v8.1 and the problem is fixed. Looks like a RapidWeaver bug, and one that they’re addressing in v8.1.

You can test it out as well by updating to RapidWeaver v8.1.

3 Likes

Sorry for my misunderstanding with the link.

Good to hear that 8.1 takes care of the bug. Looking forward to the public release.

BTW, the reason I use self-hosted fonts rather than fonts called directly from Google is the respect for my viewers’ privacy (and—secondarily—my respect for GDPR policies).

Understandble. That is why the option is there. I just misunderstood the scope originally. Looks like v8.1 will fix it up though, so far.

Hi,

Just to let you know I have now tested in 8.1 and the bug remains there. I’ve linked via resources and via warehouse link. Both generate the same error.

It appears that Rapitweaver is placing the same IP address at the beginning of the link: http://127.0.0.1:53817

Not sure what to do next.

You should find that your published site is OK because in my experience this RW bug only effects Preview. Also this isn’t a Foundry issue.

BTW This resources bug in RW has been there for years, has been reported to RM and what you showed is exactly the issue where RW adds an extra URL to the Preview URL.

A good solution would be an added capability to add a normal URL to the location of the Fonts, thus avoiding using Resources.

Thanks Gary,

Yep it’s all working on my test site and (at the moment) it’s working within Rapidweaver.

It’s just a bit frustrating when a quick preview turns into a time consuming “head scratch”.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Best thing to do would be to file a bug report with Realmac Software. When you do give them all of the details you’ve outlined as well as a copy of your project file and the steps you’ve outlined about how to recreate the problem. This will allow them to fix the problem.