Sort Stack Limitation

Hi there,

is there any limitation how many sortable items you can use, before it gets dead slow?

Thomas

I’ve not done such a test on the Sort stack. If you do so you’ll have to let us all know. The limitation ends up coming from Stacks itself as it is what renders all of the content in Edit Mode.

I’m up to 16 stacks so far and all load very fast. Just keep an eye out for the size of the supporting images I would say.

I’m at 30,

And it’s very fast as well, but I want to do a, let’s say library, with all my Stacks I have. I got lot’s.
It’s kind of a private project for me to keep me busy.
But before I waste time, I thought , better to ask the forum. Maybe someone knew.
Sort is maybe a perfect solution for this kind of project. I guess.
So I start it and we’ll see :crazy_face:

Thomas

@Adam

I’ll keep you informed

@HerrSchulz did you ever manage to find out how many items before it slows down?

Hi kel,
no, I did not follow this solution. The client decided to use a database solution…

1 Like

Hi kel,
like in school in the past - I still have something to say there :wink:
I build a page for a friend of mine (not to pay with money…) with about 45 items and above 200 pictures included on this page (…warehoused)

Initially the nesting and the amount of stacks drove the .css and the .js file up to each 4 MB, now I’m on 1.7 mb. And they are optimized already with minicss (or others).
I realized this at the core with Foundry, BWD’s Limelight for the Modals, JW’s Target for the Captions, and so that I do not go mad - organized by Partials! So it looks in edit.

It loads just fine on smartphones - but at least LTE reception is required.
How does it load at you…?
Roger

1 Like

That looks really nice @RogerB and it loads fine!

1 Like