Slide Navigation: feature request

@elixirgraphics : I know you are busy putting together some new Foundry goodies. This request is for possible consideration after you are done with the new update.

I really enjoy the Slide Navigation stack. One of the ways it is different, however, is that it will allow one to choose a parent page and a subpage. The other 2 nav options won’t allow you to choose a parent page when there are subpages.

Might it be possible to add an option to Slide Navigation in the future where the user can choose the Parent pages not to be an active link? This would be akin to what we can currently do with the Breadcrumb stack.

Many thanks for your consideration.

3 Likes

The Slide Navigation stack is built around a 3rd-party javascript library. While I don’t believe that it contains a feature for doing what you’re looking for, it is conceivable that it could be done, but I wouldn’t know until dig around in it.

Understood. Worth a look when you have time.

Excited about new goodies arriving sometime in the near-ish future.

@elixirgraphics, I’ll throw this out there too for consideration :grinning: I would like to have a drop zone area similar to Mega Menu in the Slide Navigation. Thanks for all the hard work Adam.

@dropgates Slide Navigation is based off of a pre-existing 3rd-party library and is not written from the ground up by myself like Mega Menu is. Slide Navigation isn’t built to have such an area unfortunately. I can look into it, but there’s not likely a very good chance it will be something the 3rd-party library supports, so please don’t get your hopes up on this one.

Reading the thread, I figured your answer would be that, but it never hurts to ask :wink:

This navigation stack was built using a library I’d used in a theme so as to help with production time as I worked on the Navigation Bar stack, and others. You might check out the Side Navigation stack though in Potion Pack. That has a single drop zone and is one I wrote from the ground up. :wink:

1 Like