Server issue stopping Alloy Post Deletion

I’ve mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to start one dedicated to the problem.

I have a project with Alloy that I initially put on my demo server. When I attempt to delete a post I get 403 Forbidden Error page, with the browser bar sitting on /editor/files/delete_post.php

I’ve uploaded the exact same project to my main server and I’m not getting the issue, so I know this is server-side, but on the face of it I can see no difference between the two.

The server with the issue is some cheap shared space, the main server is my own VPS.

The shared is running php7.2, although I did try it at 7.3 and the issue was still there. The permissions on the files and folder is the same on both servers, so I don’t think it’s that.

I’ve turned on debugging and enabled the phplog, but nothing is getting reported.

@elixirgraphics Any off the top of your head ideas?

Any difference in the htaccess commands?

Nah. No htaccess files present.

These are the PHP functions that are disabled on this server…

system
system_exec
shell
shell_exec
symlink
exec,passthru
escapeshellarg
escapeshellcmd
proc_close
proc_open
ini_alter
dl
show_source
proc_get_status
proc_nice
proc_terminate
highlight_file
define_syslog_variables
posix_uname
posix_getpwuid
apache_child_terminate
posix_kill
posix_mkfifo
posix_setpgid
posix_setsid
posix_setuid
ini_restore
inject_code
define_syslog_variables
apache_setenv
evalphpAds_XmlRpc
phpAds_remoteInfo
phpAds_xmlrpcEncode
phpAds_xmlrpcDecode
xmlrpc_entity_decode

I was expecting to see some reference to unlink in there, but it’s not.

Sounds like your server is preventing the delete_post.php file from being loaded POST call from the Editor. You’ll want to check with your host to see why this is occurring on their end.

Thanks. I’ll fire them an email, but it’s a shared server, only used for testing stuff and scripts I’m not too sure about (open-source mostly) so I doubt they’ll do much.

I’m happy with the way this project is panning out so moving it to the main server now anyway.