Sections stack change all background set to opaque?

Hi,
I’m starting out using Sections within the Foundry stack.

I’m generating the separate sections.
I can see the option to change the background for the entire sections stack to 0% opaque, but in the individual section settings, I don’t see this as a background colour option.

Am I able to change the background opacity for the individual sections? Is there an option to use an overlay colour instead? I’d ideally like to have a small % of colour over the site image if possible.

Help would be appreciated for this Rapidweaver novice.
TIA

Hi there @nlester

You can set the background color for each section by clicking on the Section you wish to change and then modifying it in that particular stack’s settings:

You can’t however set an opacity for this background color, as the site background would not show through anyway… it is just not how the stack functions.

That said you could choose to set the background of each section as an image and then use images with different color overlays that you’ve created in your image editing software.

Thank you very much for confirming and so promptly too!

Yes, I’ve chosen the first option you’ve suggested, which is great. As I’m using one image for the whole site, I was hoping to have the option to have the entire section slightly opaque too.

Is there any chance that this would be added at some point, or do you know if there is another option I have within the Foundry and Potion packs to achieve this on a single page scrolling site?

I’ve not used any code, but is there an option doing this that might work?

You can use the backdrop stack in a section and there you can add an image or color and set an overlay…

Thank you. I’ll have a play around.

So I need to drop the background stack into each individual section, then drop the specific content for that stack onto the background stack?

I think you’re misunderstanding @nlester

You won’t be able to use this with Sections. That site background will be covered completely. Instead you should be adding an image to each of the individual child stacks within the Sections stack.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I’m now finally having some success achieving what I was after.

Awesome! I think I probably just didn’t explain it well last night… It was near my bedtime. LOL

:wink:

Haha! No problems at all. I appreciate it.
N