Scroll to Top bug

I want to set some Scroll to Top stacks to only show on Desktops, or only Desktops and Tablets. I thought this would be easy to do: simply mark the option to hide the stack on mobile and tablets in the Responsive section of the stack. But it doesn’t seem to work.

I’ve emptied my cache in my browser (Safari) so I don’t think that’s the issue. Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

Much like the Hero setting on the Banner stack, the Scroll To Top button is removed from its parent <div></div> and placed higher up on the page. This ensures it will be a priority in the z-index “community” and be placed on top of other elements that fall below it within the page’s DOM. Since the hiding of the stack that you’re doing is applied to its parent container you’re not able to hide the actual button using those controls.

Adam: Thanks for the explanation. I just thought I was doing something wrong!

On the current site I’m working on I make a lot of use of accordions to deal with dense content. It may be that accordions “shorten” things up vertically enough that the Scroll To Top button isn’t really needed. I’ll play around with it a bit more, but it least I know where my design “boundaries” are with regards to the scroll up behavior.

1 Like

Included a feature in the v1.2.5.1 update that went out today that should help with this.

Wow, many thanks! However, I am having trouble getting the update. It always takes awhile, but currently it doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve restarted RW, I’ve let it try to update for an hour, and so on. Hopefully the update will finish soon.