New Foundry Fan

Hi Everyone!

Just bought Foundry and absolutely loving it. Have not been this excited about anything in RW for a very long time.
Foundry feels to me MUCH more natural and pleasant to work with than other some other frameworks. Everything about it makes me smile and think to myself “Of course, thats exactly how that should be handled”.

Beautifully designed, a pleasure to work with, super efficient and a refreshing lack of bloat. I’m going to be spending a lot of happy hours in Foundry.

Just wonderful!

6 Likes

Great to hear. It would be cool if you could post a review on the RW forum for Adam.
I agree with you, it is a bunch of fun to use.

Thanks. Yep, just as soon as my kevlar vest gets back from the repair shop I’ll do just that.

1 Like

@kryten I understand :grin:

Thanks @kryten! I really appreciate it. What you mention in your post was my whole goal of Foundry. Simple and straightforward but powerful.

Don’t worry about about posting anything about Foundry on the RMS forums. Reviews are always welcome on the Community site though if you’re liking Foundry.

2 Likes

I have agree with kryten - After much reading I was just about to take the plunge with Foundation when Foundry was announced. I watched the tutorials which were very informative and to the point, and decided to take the plunge with Foundry. So far it has exceeded my every expectation. Fantastic product Adam - keep em coming!

3 Likes

Thanks! More goodness to come as Foundry goes on. :+1:

I have neither product and am on the fence. I really like Foundation for warehoused image option, but why should that not be a bother, and do not say use 3rd part stacks, I am buying one or the other so I can use what they have…

I have neither product and am on the fence. I really like Foundation for warehoused image option, but why should that not be a bother, and do not say use 3rd part stacks, I am buying one or the other so I can use what they have…

Not sure I’m following the bolded part. If you could clarify a bit for me I’d be glad to answer your question.

Right now, if I had to choose one, it would be Foundation because of the warehouse image option. What in Foundry is better than that??

When it comes to image usage, like you’re asking about, it comes down to personal preference. If you prefer “warehoused” images then Foundry may not be up your alley, as it does not support them.

I wrote a long reply about “warehousing” on this thread:

@lastronger I also prefer to warehouse images, but I prefer the design aesthetic/tools/approach of Foundry.

For a page that used lots of images I might use another stack that uses warehousing (e.g. ProGallery pulls images from a warehoused folder). For things that require an image here and there, or a small gallery of images, then I’m fine with drag/drop in order to get the other benefits from Foundry.

1 Like