Nav bar with overlay menu

Hi:

I’m not sure that what I want to do can be done, but here it is:

I would like (something that looks like) a nav bar that just had the site title and a menu indicator, with the menu indicator looking something like this:

18%20PM

I think this might be possible, but here’s the catch: When the user clicks on the “Menu” area, I would like the overlay nav to come up.

So…I know this is weird, but I at least want to try it to see if it could look good.

Oh, and also…I would like the (thing that looks like a) nav bar to have the same stickiness that a nav bar can have.

Does this make sense?

What about the included Nav Overlay stack?

https://foundry.elixirgraphics.com/documentation/navigation-overlay/

Rob

The Nav Overlay is the end result of what I’m trying to do. The difficult part is positioning the Nav Overlay toggle on a Nav Bar (which I suspect is not possible as things stand.)

IMHO I would choose one navigation type for a page. Don’t try to get overly complex with the thing you need your visitors to be able to easily understand and use.

Don’t know why you would want that, to have the text and icon appear simply use

Menu <i class="fa fa-bars"></i>

Can only think of a modal to have a popup window open, no idea how to make it a menu, other than using the nav overlay stack which is a menu itself already.

Which is eventually what the client decided on anyway. Also, changing the navigation items to a nice Google font.

I think the only problem I have to solve now to make everyone happy is keeping the banner from flickering every time a new page is loaded. But that’s a problem for another day…or tonight, probably. :slight_smile:

I thought of that, but in the end, pragmatism and simplicity won out. :clap:

1 Like