Mint theme : how to change font in navigation bar by my own

Hi,

I like the Mint theme.

I need to change the font by my own (Google Font for instance) for

• The navigation bar (title, pages)
  • Contact form

Is it possible to add new font in the preset list (as Montserrat / Merriweather) ?
Is it possible to force title, pages name and contact page to use one specific font ?

Thanks for help
Laurent

Hi there @lcook –

Adding in options to the theme’s built-in settings is possible. With that said you’ll need a really good knowledge of the RW theme settings PLIST file as well as CSS and possibly Javascript. And unfortunately the kicker is that when the theme gets updated on my end and pushed out to users for bug fixes, etc, your custom version’s internal changes will go away. In short, I would never suggest modifying a theme internally.

You could accomplish what you want by writing your own CSS and inserting it into the custom CSS field within RapidWeaver’s Page Inspector.

Thanks !

I try to understand the philosophy of your products.

Do you agree that if I need more flexibility, more open, more parameter accesses (Google font, colors, etc…), it’s better to use Foundry stacks plugins, than to use an already done theme like Mint ?

Best regards
Laurent

1 Like

In general you’re going to find much more flexibility with Foundry because you’re building your pages from the ground up with the modular stacks on the blank Foundry theme.