Let the sparks fly: Introducing Alloy for Foundry

Those are the blog post identifiers and are needed in order to show the correct post. In addition to restructuring how Allow works, hiding them would require users to work with hidden .htaccess files on their server. I didn’t want to make it seem overwhelming to users with also needing to publish posts via FTP so I opted for the approach I took. Those identifiers really aren’t a big deal though.

Hi,
I could not find until now in the documentation any mention of embedded videos at Alloy. Is there already a chance to embed them or will it be possible in the future?
Would round up my tools of RapidWeaver, Foundry and Potion Pack.

Guess this is a question for @elixirgraphics

Embedding videos works just as you’d expect. Use the embed code that either YouTube or Vimeo provides and insert it into your blog post. HTML is completely valid to use in Markdown. Alloy includes the appropriate javascript for making sure your YouTube and Vimeo embeds are responsive.

Hi @elixirgraphics for the fast reply.

Guess Alloy will be my next purchase.

Do note that you cannot use a video embed as the Topper Image though.

Thx for the hint. Wasn’t my intention.
Thought about embedding video tutorials and clips.

1 Like

Would it be possible to embed self-hosted videos? Vimeo and YouTube can not be used in many cases (the reasons are based on some very complex GDPR issues here in Germany where you would have to ask for consent or provide an info box with a checkbox before displaying the video).

to embed my self web-hosted video, I write this html5 code in the markdown file:
<video src="https://domaine.com/my-folder/my-file.mp4" controls></video>
and it works well

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: That is great!