Image Slider on Bloom Product Page

Hello.

I am looking to create a sliding “banner” with images similar to the one that is on the middle of the Bloom product page.

Was this scrolling “banner” created with a stack?
If yes, was it the Bloom stack or another stack?

I use Foundry for all development.

Thanks all and best regards,

John

Hi there @solutionsmacllc!

The slider on my product pages is a non-responsive, hand coded slider I created years ago. You’d not want to use it nowadays for your sites, unless you’re ok with it being non-responsive.

You’re right! Needs to be responsive.

Are there any stacks that provide that type of functionality for use in a Foundry project?

John

There’s a Slider stack in Foundry. You could also look at sliders on the RapidWeaver Community site as well.

I’ve been fiddling with the Slider stack but not quite getting the look and feel I want.
Will keep working with it.

Thanks for the feedback.

John

There’s lots of sliders out there and I think most should work with Foundry. So if you find one you like and that does what you need, definitely give it a shot in Foundry!

I put in 3 jpg images into a slider as instructed, however in preview images do not change and only the top image shows. What am I doing wrong.
I followed the instruction as in the video provided.
Please help me

Can you share a URL with us please? Also, in the future, probably best not to reply to a 5 year-old post and instead create a new one.

I do not have the page published. Can I send it in any other form. I inserted 3 images one above the other and when trying to view it (in browser as well) only one image shows and images do not slide.
I recently updated to Rapidweaver Classic. What did I do wrong?

Since it is not published provide us a copy of your project file please.

Create a ZIP file containing your project file. This is the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site. After creating the ZIP file, upload it using a service like Dropbox, WeTransfer, Droplr, or a similar service to create download link for us. Paste that download link in your reply.

Here is the link to the file

Please let me know what I did wrong

Thank you

That is the exported site. As I mentioned in my last post:

Send that over and I’ll have a look first thing in the morning when I get back to the computer, if someone else doesn’t beat me to it.

Can you send the actual RW project file, not the exported web files? You’ll want to zip it up before sending.

I just created an empty project, set it to the Mountains theme and added Bloom with three images. It previewed fine in RW 8.9.3. I haven’t moved to RWC, but I really doubt that’s the issue. It’ll be easier to figure out with a sample project.

1 Like

Here is the link to the project file

Thank you

I opened your project file in RW8 and it previewed just fine. So it’s not something you’ve set incorrectly. I guess it may actually be related to RW Classic. Someone with it will need to test and verify.

RW v8.9.3 and Bloom v1.0.3.

1 Like

I tried it with RW classic and it runs fine. You do know that Bloom is not an automatic scrolling slider but you have to manually proceed with the images?

1 Like

I would like to thank all of you for responding to me and tried to help. I feel very foolish, after being frustrated the whole day, I restarted my computer and everything is working beautiful, as you said.
Sorry for disturbing you with my problem. Bloom works great and I enjoy it.

THANK YOU

3 Likes

No problem. It literally happens to us all. I’ve worked for hours trying to figure something out to only have it solved by something similar. Glad you’re all sorted!

1 Like