How does Form Pro HoneyPot work?

Hi Adam,

Loving the v2 upgrade!

I was wondering how the HoneyPot works, and if there’s any real benefit to having the Human Test active in addition?

Thanks again for an update that ‘just works’ - brilliant, as ever!

Adam.

1 Like

What is a honeypot?
A honeypot is a field added to the form that the users can’t see due to CSS or JavaScript (which hides the field). Honeypots are awesome because they don’t inconvenience users like a captcha and they are a valid tool for thwarting spam bots. Basically, a spambot fills in a field that valid users can’t see, alerting us to their activity. If the honeypot field is filled in, we can confidently reject the form as spam.

5 Likes

The explanation by @Rob is 100% correct. He explains it very elegantly and precisely.

That’s going to be something for you to decide. An extra layer of help probably doesn’t hurt, but you probably don’t need it.

2 Likes

Adding a honeypot is a brilliant addition to the software.

Thanks!!
Blessings,
—Mark

1 Like

Adam,

I just checked From Pro, mini is version 1.3.6 but may of the other stacks are updated to 2.0. Is this correct?

I have had a real problem with Spam lately so I am so glad to hear about the Honeypot opinion!

Blessings,
—Mark

Mini? Are you referring to the Mini Navigation?

That said it is likely I just missed updating one of the version numbers. All of the stacks update as a whole so it isn’t like one can update and another not update within the same pack.

I’m not at the computer though so I can’t check right now.

Oops that is supposed to be mine.

Half of my Potions stacks say 1.3.6 so it is likely a RW bug. I will reinstall a fresh copy and see what happens.
thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

Yep, that was it. Reinstall a fresh copy and all now are 2.0.

Thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

2 Likes