Force Hamburger Nav on Portrait Tablet View

Hi there - I’m trying to have the hamburger navigation show when viewing my page on portrait tablet view. Is there a way of forcing that to happen rather than just on the mobile view?

Thanks!

Hey there @labanbrown – No, there is not a way to do that.

Hi - thanks - worth the ask! Cheers

Oh, but yes, there is a way.

I had this same problem on my iPad, with a site with 10 menu items, 5 of which are simply icons. The menu-list floated below the branding logo/title, enlarging the fixed positioned menubar height and thus covering site-content.

The problem here is that the NavigationBar.stack uses a max-width of 47.9em and min-width of 48em for its styles. If you simply change this into min-width 48.1em and max-width 48em, this problem is solved.

These styles are found here: ~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver/Stacks/Foundry.stack/Foundry_NavigationBar.stack/Contents/Resources/styles.css

Problem now is … when a Foundry.stack update comes along, these changes are set back.

Therefore I think it would be a good idea to add to this stack the option to ‘always show mobile menu’ (I mean, why not) and/or with a slider to set max/min-widths when to show the mobile menu.

Cheers,
Marc

1 Like

Totally agree. One of the main criticisms of Frameworks such a s Bootstrap is the rigid fixed nature of the breakpoints where “one size fits all” doesn’t give the flexibility that is needed in the real world.

RapidWeaver and Stacks has the big advantage here that the navigation stacks could use a user defined breakpoint with a default of 768px for the mobile collapse and make the navigation so much more versatile.

Navigation system need a user override and not a fixed system.