Alloy v3 Preview: Embedding content in Alloy v3 is as easy as drag-and-drop

Definitely. This is already slated to be covered on Day 5. :wink:

3 Likes

Blog posts are just files, so it is a upgrade in place, so to speak. This is a very nice update and I am sure all will be pleased to see whats coming in the following days.

3 Likes

I notices the images you replaced here have no rounded corners. Do the images you add with Alloy follow the settings in the control panel about rounding?

1 Like

When you drag-and-drop the Embed into your project file it creates a specialized stack for that Embed. Each individual Embed stack has its own settings:

2 Likes

Hi @elixirgraphics , I’ve not had a chance to familiarise with everything in Alloy 3 yet, but could this be something that I integrate into my websites that will allow my clients to edit parts of the website themselves ? in other words a content management system for Foundry ? Kind Regards | Justin

1 Like

No worries! Today is the first day anything has been revealed.

Yes, that is very the purpose of Embeds. If you haven’t had the opportunity to yet, watch the video above.

Day Two is posted for all who are interested –

The big question for me @elixirgraphics is on the topic of ‘migration’ from v2 to v3 of Alloy. Will we need to rebuild everything that we have done previously - or is this going to be a seamless transition ?

1 Like

Hey there @DinkyPixel – Scroll back up the page a bit, and you’ll notice @jacksona asked that here.

And I gave a reply in the post right after that one. :wink:

1 Like

After dragging the embed to the page and publishing, this is what is get. The file does exist. I see it on my server. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.42.41 AM

I’ll need your project file to be able to help out at all. I can’t troubleshoot anything from that screenshot. Please email me a ZIP file containing it tot adam at elixirgraphics dot com

If it is bigger than 3-4mb please send it using WeTransfer, Dropbox, or a similar service.

@aboxofbunnies Are you running Stacks v4.1 by chance? I suspect there might be a bug in that version of stacks that is breaking the Embed drag-and-drop.

Yes, 4.1.1. That may be it.

1 Like

I believe it is. Revert to v4.0 and you should be good to go: Stacks

I will try it out. Thanks.

1 Like

Cool. Let me know how it goes. Reverting to v4.0.0 until @Isaiah has a chance to look at the bug should get you up and running.

Thanks, Adam. Reverting back to version Stacks 4.0.4 did the trick!

I’ve filed a bug report with Isaiah. I’m sure he’ll get this fixed.

It looks like Isaiah has pushed out Stacks v4.1.2 which fixes the bug in Stacks that broke the drag-and-drop embeds.

I saw that! All is working as expected now. Thanks so much for you assistance. I’m loving this update to Alloy! Keeps getting better and better!

1 Like