Embedded columns issues

I have a three column stack with equalise heights applied and the column background colours defined. In one of the columns I’ve added another three column stack, each column is set to 12 units (so they stack). But they won’t stack. This embedded stack also appears to be adopting the colours of the parent three column stack. Is there something going wrong here, or is this by design? If by design, how do I override it?

One slightly odd thing about the Foundry Column settings is that you have to tick the “Customise Columns” tick box which is in the General settings, for the Mobile. Tablet & Desktop Custom Settings to take effect. I suspect you didn’t tick that box.

Would make more sense and simplify the Columns stack, if the Customize Columns sections were hidden until that checkbox was ticked. The Base Margin and Advanced sections are lost off the bottom otherwise.

1 Like

I had, but in fairness I am trying to do dopey things with the stacks at the moment, just playing around to see what is possible.

Agree on the hidden features that only appear once they are active though. Given that Foundry is all about making things clear and simple for even a novice user, having settings visible that don’t work until a checkbox is ticked goes against that philosophy somewhat.

Unfortunately we can only key off of one option for showing and hiding elements in the Stacks API. So some examples:

:white_check_mark: If you have a feature that needs be be only shown when a checkbox is clicked, that is doable. You can even do it in reverse – showing an option when the checkbox is unchecked.

:negative_squared_cross_mark: If you have a feature that needs to be shown only when it meets two criteria, say like having two different checkboxes checked, or other weird combos like this, the Stacks API doesn’t have a way to do that. So the better way to do it is to show the option at all times, unfortunately.