Embed video from youtube

This is maddening. I’m trying to embed a video from YouTube and can not find the simple directions on how to do it. I have supplied my YouTube id but can’t find the proper place for the embed code. I am using the foundry stack “video embed” . I know this should be easy any help much appreciated. Thanks

Good morning Kurt! Hope your weekend was a good one.

For the Foundry Video Embed stack you don’t need anything except for the video’s ID. The embed code that YouTube gives you is not necessary for the stack. The stack handles that itself.

Can you let me know what problem you’re seeing? Give me details of what is happening, please.

If you’d like to send a ZIP file containing your project file I can look at it real quick and see if I can spot your problem.

Thank you for the quick reply. When I use the YouTube ID I get a video not available message. I do have video embedding available for this video so I’m not sure why it won’t play

As I mentioned, send that project file by direct message or email and I’ll be glad to take a look.

What EXACTLY are you putting in the YouTube ID field? A link starting with “https” or just the ID?

If you try “https://youtu.be/OZACAblIjIU” then that won’t work.

If you try: “OZACAblIjIU” then all will be fine.

Perhaps you have a rare situation, but I’m just double checking we all mean the same thing by ID.

2 Likes

I have used exactly that portion of the youtube ID on multiple videos and I get get a message “video not available” each time. I managed to embed vimeo videos so I believe the problem is youtube. Not sure what it could be. I have my “allow embed” box checked so if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone.

You could do a couple of things. Provide us with a link to the video and we can see if we can duplicate the problem. Or send in the project file to Adam. But easier for you just to supply the link right now for a quick check.

I’d be happy to take a look at it if you’d like to send me a ZIP file containing your project file with the Video Embed stack that is not working for you.

Got your project file. If you visit YouTube using that ID (- YouTube) you’ll find YouTube tells you the video is also not available. Either your ID is incorrect of the video may be set to private perhaps. This doesn’t look to be a problem with the stack.

1 Like