Contact form not sending

I’ve just converted my own website from WP to RW + Foundry.

I’m having trouble with the contact form not sending. I’ve entered the correct email address (mail@neilegginton.com) and checked it’s working.

I have PHP version 7 on my server.

I’m stuck as to what to try next.

Neil: I’ve just tested and it does not seem to work for me. I get the message:

Sorry there was an error sending your message. Please try again later.

Everything I entered was correct. Weird.

Thanks for trying it @mitchellm

It is weird. The only thing I’ve added is my email address. I haven’t changed any of the other settings at all.

Odd. Let me have a look. You know the routine. Post up that project file and I will have a look-see. :wink:

Thanks @elixirgraphics,

Project file sent by email.

Sorry, I completely forgot to metion that I looked in the error log on in file manager and got the following:

[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errNameClass in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 187
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errName in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 191
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errEmailClass in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 194
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errEmail in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 198
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errSubjectClass in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 201
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errSubject in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 205
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errMessageClass in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 208
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errMessage in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 212
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errHumanClass in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 215
[08-Feb-2017 12:42:27 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: errHuman in /home/familyhi/neilegginton.com/contact/index.php on line 219

Just published a test to my server and used the form there and it sent successfully. You should have received an email from the form to the email address you configured in the Form stack.

The code I’m using for the form is pretty basic overall. PHP is not my forte, but the form code is pretty simple overall. I suspect it could have to do with your server. Perhaps that you’re running PHP 7. I’m on PHP 5.6.29 here myself. But honestly, like I said, the code is pretty straightforward stuff.

Anyone else here running PHP 7?

1 Like

Thanks @elixirgraphics,

I did receive the email from your server.

I’m going to send a ticket to my hosting provider and I’ll report the results here.

Working with @Neil on this. Seems his host requires the email to be sent a specific way. With this knowledge I’m adding a feature that will help users to meet that requirement if their host is like @Neil’s. Will try to get this into the next update.

1 Like