Challenges reinstalling Foundry (starting over)

First of all, I’m a HUGE fan of Foundry. I’ve used Rapidweaver for 15+ years and chose it because of its WYSIWYG ability. I was thrilled when you announced Foundry. Also I want to add, your tutorials are absolutely fab – I appreciate your thoroughness as you start from a basic level not assuming and glossing over even the basic steps.

I do have a current challenge.I am unable to reinstall Foundry into RW8 as I am “starting over”.

I “lost” Foundry when updating to Stacks 4 yesterday. Yes, Foundry and the two add-on packs just “vanished” after I “uninstalled” unused and very old plugins that I no longer need (because they are all part of Foundry). My shopping cart stacks are some of the key stacks that “disappeared.”

After all kinds of attempts, including researching the RW and this forum, I decided to start from scratch.

Here is what I did:

I removed all elements:

1. I uninstalled/deleted all versions of Rapidweaver
  2. I uninstalled/deleted Foundry stack
  3. I deleted Stacks 4
  4. I deleted the Foundry Theme

I then started over downloading and installing:

1. Rapidweaver 8 (fresh file)
  2. Foundry Theme (fresh file)
  3. Stacks 4 (fresh file)

I contacted Elixir for my order history and went to download a fresh copy of Foundry. I was able to download the file but upon trying to open it, I received the following message:

My experience is very similar to a previous discussion that was closed.

As for system, I do have a brand new Mac Mini (7 days old) and am running Catalina OS 10.15.6.

I am grateful for any help and assistance.

Thanks so much.

Here’s an update (8 hours into this)

I restarted my computer (I did this multiple times earlier).

I was able to download Foundry (+ Theme).

I was able to install the Foundry Theme.

I dragged the Foundry stack icon onto the RW8 icon in my dock receiving this popup message:

I clicked “Install” button receiving this popup green check mark confirmation:

I clicked on “Relaunch Rapidweaver” button.

I relaunched Rapidweaver but Foundry does not appear in the library (argh):

I am frustrated.

Thanks for any help.

Do you perchance have two versions of RapidWeaver on your computer? If so that could be your problem. When you installed Foundry did you double-click the stack to install it or drag it to the appropriate version of RW in your Dock where you want Foundry installed? If you double-clicked to install, try dragging it to RW directly instead. This targets the version of RW where you want it to be installed. Then quit and restart RW. Always make sure you quit and restart after installing any addons.

The installation of all addons are handled by the RW app itself. This includes stacks like Foundry. My products can’t self install due to the way RW works. They need the app to do the work.

Thanks for responding.

I dragged the Foundry icon directly onto the only version of RW8 that I located on my dock.

I tried this step multiple times with the same icon and and the same RW8 in the dock.

(I had seen this in the video tutorial on your site plus had included in the detailed steps above. It’s easy to miss.)

Suggestions for next steps? Could there some code (including hidden) that’s blocking an entirely new installation?

I dread posting on the RW site given the snarky comments I received from several uncooperative and non-responsive developers asking for help several months ago. Even RW copped an attitude. Yes, disappointing since I’ve used RW for 15+ years and spent a few thousand dollars supporting these same folks.

I figured it out as I continued to eliminate one variable at a time.

I started all over again after deleting RW8, Stacks 4, and all Foundry stacks (Foundry, Potion Pack, Thunder Pack and Mason)

But this time, I switched browsers – to Chrome – as I downloaded and reinstalled all of the above. I use Brave as my primary browser so for some reason the downloads just didn’t work. Lesson learned not to use Brave when downloading anything.

I still have no clue why all of the additional stack add-ons “disappeared” with the upgrades. Fortunately I keep a back-up (beyond Time Machine).

Thanks again for the help.

Awesome! Really glad that you got it sorted out. I don’t think I’d have thought about a bad download since RW said it installed OK. Good work detective! :male_detective: