Bug with Type It

Hi @elixirgraphics,

I am using Type It in a new project. When the Phrase is typed, it adds the Pause between as a number behind the text:

So it stops typing and all other phrases are not shown.

Thanks

Jan

Hey there @Fuellemann! I am going to need more details or at least a project file to look at. Just a small isolated screenshot isn’t going to help me diagnose the problem unfortunately.

If you can email me a ZIP file containing your project file and any additional non-Foundry 3rd-party stacks you’re using on the page that will help me to diagnose the problem you’re seeing.

I tried once more with a new project and it works there without any problem. Sorry for the confusion.

Awesome. What did you discover was the problem?

I could not detect the problem. I just duplicated the page (it was a single page with a banner, thats all) and added Type It again and it worked…

I’got the same problem with my project, …and yes it is reproducible: If you do nothing except entering a text phrase w/o any additional text before or after the text phrase, the stack added always the value of the field “Pause between” at the end. If you change the value, the new value will be added at the end of the text.

@tensor If you can send me a simple project that shows this bug I will take a look at it Monday when I’m back in the office. Send it to adam at elixirgraphics dot com

…thanks for supporting us. These are the setting I use:

…and if you go to my website https://fotografie.io, in the MiniNav (upper left) you’ll find a “Sandbox” - link to my playground. Then you’ll see the issue.

Thanks for the URL and screenshot. I’m looking for a copy of your project file though — the file you open in RapidWeaver to edit your site.

…it’s much easier to reproduce the bug by yourself before I start creating a sample project and send it over to you. Believe me it is a bug. You have to change the entries instead of using the defaults.

The purpose of a project file from you would be I get to see everything else on the page, too in the event that there’s a bad interaction or one I can improve on. You don’t have to create anything, just send the project file over you’re experiencing the problem with and point me to the page.

Is this how you actually have things set?

If you only have one phrase, then it should be in “Phrase 1” and uncheck “Phrase 2”. I think the problem is the blank “Phrase 1”.

Edit: It’s not strictly this. I duplicated it once with a blank “Phrase 1”, but then replaced the Type It stack with a fresh version. Replacing it was the only way I found to remove the “\1000” that I saw appended to the phrase.

I haven’t been able to determine what the trigger is.

Here comes the sandbox project I created to produce the issue.

…I got the info that “new users cannot upload files” :frowning:

You should probably email the project file to Adam at his email address listed above, rather than posting here. If it’s a large file (>5M), then you should use a file service like Dropbox to host the file and send him a download link.

Yep, that is why I gave you my email address above.

Oh, sorry. Maybe the last few nights on RW and Foundry were too much :smiley:

…I’ll send you the zip file. It is only 35K.

Thanks I’ll take a look at this today.

Hi again @tensor –

First thing I notice opening your project file is that you’re not using the proper theme. You’re not using the Foundry theme for your Foundry project. So be sure to switch over to that.

Looking at your example you’re using a Phrase that has an ampersand in it. It looks like the javascript is having difficulty with it, interpreting it as a part of the code instead of the phrase. If you replace the & with & instead it should work as desired. I’ll take a look and see if Stacks offers a way for me to encode things like ampersands into HTML before passing them to the javascript for this stack.

ADDENDUM: Looked deeper at the HTML encoding in Stacks and it will support encoding those ampersands. I’ll get that encoding into a future update of Potion Pack. Until then use & instead and you’ll be good to go.

3 Likes

Also to note – you seem to have your one and only Phrase in the Phrase 2 slot. You should have it in slot number 1. You need to fill them out top to bottom.

1 Like