App Showcase website

Versus App

I have just built my first Rapidweaver site to showcase an iOS app that I built.

It’s pretty much a 1-page site (though there is a second page for a Contact Form). I do plan to add some more pages soon though (including a Poster Stack blog). Pretty much everything on the site used Foundry and Potion stacks (AdaptiveGrid is the only one that I can think of off-hand that wasn’t).

Keen to hear any comments / thoughts / advice.

4 Likes

First impression, looking great :+1:. I will have a more in-depth look at it later.

1 Like

Looking very nice @habitualshaker. It is really nicely done. Look forward to seeing how you incorporate Poster into your site!

2 Likes

Looks very nice though you might want to have a look at the banner text as it’s not scaling for the iPhone 6. When I load the site in safari and have a look at the site within responsive design mode I’m seeing the same thing on the iPhone 7.

Other than that, real nice!

1 Like

Thanks for that. Have fixed it now. At the last minute I had tried to squeeze a bit more info into my H1 header!

Excellent Potion site. One thing I would do is to change your Lato 300 front to Lato 400 because it doesn’t render well in that light 300 weight at that size.

thanks for the feedback @webdeersign. I do like the look of the 300 weight but it maybe isn’t the most readable. Will have a play about with it.

300 Lato at that size looks fine on a good monitor or screen but on not such good screens it draws the text at less than 1px width and the animation-aliasing can then make the text faint more faint and fuzzy.

I aleeady built my site with foundry and poster stack (see http://www.lixar.de).
It took me a lot of time, because of the many options that poster stack provides. Especially for the “filter option” I searched for a smart solution and finally used a lightbox stack.

2 Likes

I love the site: especially the use of BIG text, and bold text. Works well for what you are doing. I was also happy to see that I understood 1 word of German (“blog”). :slight_smile:

And, in your case, the choice to use 2 columns for blog text works very nicely with the images.

Thank you, Mathew:slightly_smiling_face:!
A few years ago, I read in a book of typography that it is easier for the reader to catch the beginning of the following text line if the lines are not longer than 14cm (5.5 inches).
I think this is a problem that a lot of web programmers do not care about these elementary things.
Maybe they never heard anything about typography…

As a simple rookie user I must say that I fully agree with Mathew’s comments. An elegant website, easy to navigate, text very pleasing to the eye.

Best

Thank you, Pedro! I love to play with big letters, white spaces and nice photos. I always try to reduce decorative elements to a minimum.

since I can not find anything to criticize, let me add to the existing comments: the logo is great, too! :innocent:

Thank you or “danke”, Mike😉

or was it my logo? in which case thanks papart!

actually, both are nice. but intentional I was referring to yours, mallow76

Hello all. Thanks again for all your comments. They have been very helpful.

Just updating the post to say that I have now added a Poster Blog page. Again, keen to hear any feedback as this is still very much a work in progress.