Any big upgrades coming?

Any big upgrades coming to coincide with next weeks release of RapidWeaver 8 ?

Hey there @Nostrildomus!

I try not to release big updates alongside a RapidWeaver update if possible. People will be focused on trying out all of the new goodies that RapidWeaver 8 has to offer (which are pretty awesome by the way… I might have used it a bunch already!). I’ve only ever released things at the same time as a RW update when I’ve got a new theme included in the update. This time around Ben produced some new themes for the app.

All that said though, here’s a quick update for everyone – I do have two things in the works for Foundry. One is a pack of addon stacks that is sort of like the Potion Pack, but with a different set of elements for your site designs. This one is mostly ready, but I have some code cleanup and videos to record and whatnot still. Though the second project has sort of pushed those things to the side as I’m on a roll with it code-wise right now.

The other project I am working on is a much bigger deal to me, and I think it will be something a lot of people will find very useful for Foundry. I’ve attempted using some open source solutions for this project in the past, but never came up with something that worked how I wanted it to. This time I’ve started from the ground up and put on my learning hat to delve deeper into PHP. I’ve been working hard on this one for a few weeks now, and it is coming along quite well. I wish I didn’t have to speak so cryptically about it, but I really do want it to be a surprise. There are a few beta testers working with it now to test what I’ve got so far and to provide feedback.

As I have more information on either I will let everyone know. Aside from these two projects I have some minor updates slated for Foundry and Potion Pack. Nothing mind blowing, just some bug fixes and whatnot. I’ll get those completed as soon as possible.

For now though, just enjoy RapidWeaver 8 next week! The Realmac team has put a lot of hard work into it, and I think it shows. There’s plenty of new stuff in the works though. :smiley:

6 Likes

Can’t speak for everyone, but I’m more excited by this news than RW8. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @Bioguy! Means a lot. Wait and see what cool new things RW 8 brings. You might be surprised. That said the pack still has some work to do, but it is coming along. Hopefully it will surprise you too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Me as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also undoubtedly :smiley:

Yes me too - absolutely looking forward to the new Foundry stuff. Great to see Foundry getting so much attention and being moved forward. I am detecting a real momentum to Foundry which is leading the way in framework development on RW.

3 Likes

Great explanation & it totally makes sense. This is going to be a really fun week !

Obviously I don’t know what’s in the new addon stacks, but there’s one thing I’d really like: a blog stack that works with Foundry. I like Foundry better than that other company’s stack set (which shall remain nameless), but that has a blog feature. I haven’t figured out a way to do that with Foundry. If there’s already a way to do it, I’ll be overjoyed. If not, maybe put it on the list of requested features? Thanks.

1 Like

There are ways to do it already. But I’ll say this – hang in there.

6 Likes

Oooh even more excited!!

1 Like

A blog opportunity for Foundry would be great. I run two blogs on my foundry website and unfortunately they look like foreign objects…

4 Likes

You can always use the Poster stack from instacks.

1 Like

Poster works perfectly in Foundry and can produce the best looking blogs there are, that look like they are part of Foundry

1 Like

but the downside is: clients don´t use rapid weaver and as far as I know, poster requires working in the rapidweaver project (correct?)
that said and anyway: a native blogging solution within foundry tailor-made by his mightiness @elixirgraphics would be awesome! :slight_smile:
I am on track with @Bioguy: I’m more excited by this news than RW8.

2 Likes

@papart I wouldn’t say that is a downside but is something you need to be aware of. Many web site creators use a traditional CMS blog when they don’t need to and Poster is ideal for those users.

2 Likes

Likewise looking forward to new addon pack and all the other goodies =)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I’ve got a ways to go still on the current projects, so don’t expect them too soon. Don’t want to get everyone worked up too early. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, no worries. Tomorrow is fine as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am also looking forward to the Add-ons of the Foundry stack rather then Rapidweaver 8.

I also want to thank Adam for doing such a great service and support on the European Privacy law to make the website compliant and to be able to make self hosting fonts via Typeface. Did helped me a lot!

Best regarrds,
Rene

3 Likes