Alloy: Way to manually regenerate blogs page?

I’m very impressed so far with Alloy, but there often seems to be a lag between the time I upload a revised blog page and the time the page regenerates with the changes.

I don’t know what causes the lag. First, I thought it was Cloudflare, but I switched to a domain that’s managed directly by my host and not through Cloudflare, and I saw the same lag time.

Apart from using the browser refresh button, which I’ve tried, is there any way manually to regenerate the blog page? Or am I missing something?

The blog posts are immediately available to Alloy after you upload them to your FTP server. There should be no lag at all. You won’t see the new posts until the page is loaded again though obviously as the blog posts are parsed when the page loads.

If I’m not understanding your problem @Noah then please give me more details on the problem and I’ll help as I can.

Yes, I know that’s how it’s supposed to work, and it does work that way intermittently. Reloading the page doesn’t change it. Then I go do something else and when I come back a few minutes later, all the changes are there.

Maybe it’s my web host. I’m puzzled.

• The fact that other pages on the test site update without delay suggest that it’s not the host, but something about the page with Alloy on it.
  • However, updates of non-Alloy features on the Alloy page (such as container borders) also seem to lag.

What you’re describing sounds like page caching to me. I would check to ensure your browser and / or host are not caching the content. There’s nothing in Alloy that would cause a lag in the updating of the content. Alloy simply loads in what is available to it as soon as the page loads.

If you want to send me your project file to publish a test to my server and check it out you can.

I previously verified that it wasn’t the browser (since that was one of my first suspicions, too), so it might be the host. They might have a staging area between my folders and the public server interface. For now, I’ll just keep at it and see if the problem persists. If it’s the host, I don’t know what I could do about it except switch to another hosting company.

Aha. Now the hosting company is obviously having server problems. I can’t reach my pages in the browser and I can’t get a directory of my files on their site. So something is going on with them. It might be a coincidence but it’s close enough in time to the Alloy problems that it’s a strong suspect.

Let me know how it turns out. As I said, there’s nothing in Alloy that would be causing a lag in the updating of the content, so I too suspect you’re dealing with some server weirdness. You may want to contact your host and let them know the problem you’re facing.

It’s still going on intermittently. Other sites on the same host are affected so it has nothing to do with Alloy.

However, I do have another question. I’ve managed to tweak the blog entries title font so it’s not quite so large in the summaries: it’s now about 28pt (72 points/inch). But when I click the heading to view the whole blog post, the title font size jumps up to about 60pt. I tried tweaking it in the Foundry stack but that didn’t affect it. I’m not sure why it changes but I haven’t found anyplace to set the font size for the title in the complete post. Any advice?

Sounds like a good time to shop around for a new host, maybe.

Alloy offers you settings for the Summaries / Categories view as well as the Full Entry view. There are separate settings for the font size of the blog post title in the Full Post settings.

28%20AM

This and other settings for the Blog Entries stack are covered here. There’s also a tutorial video on the Blog Entries stack that can help with some explanations for the various settings as well on the Tutorials page.

That worked like a champ! Thank you!

I had gone through the videos and I did look, but I missed those settings. I appreciate your help.

Awesome! Glad it is all sorted out. :smiley: