Alloy v3 Blog Entries Pagination Feature

I want to begin by saying that foundry and alloy v3 are just awesome. I have been an active Elixir Graphics user for about 10 years and Adam keeps refining his craft. Keep up the good work! This was an awesome Christmas present to me!

I am curious if there is a way to disable the pagination feature in Alloy’s v3 Blog Entries? I have some clients that would like to feature the latest two blog entries on the home page, with a link that redirects to the entire blog page beneath the two entries. The recent posts stack is really good, but they prefer the look of the blog entries summary stack. I was able to fulfill their requests using Alloy Blog Entries with one exception - I cannot disable the pagination feature. Is there a snippet option to remove pagination? If not, is this a toggle that you can enable in future updates?

Again - awesome stacks - a must purchase for anyone looking for an awesome blog and cms option.

Good morning @justinmichael

Disabling the pagination for the Summary view is not a feature of the stack. It seems like you’re trying to use the Blog Entries stack in place of the Recent Posts stack, which it isn’t designed to do.

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your reply. I understand … I would like to put in a request for the ability to disable the pagination in blog summary view as a feature in future updates - if at all possible.

Thank you for your consideration and keep up the great work.

Justin

1 Like

On a normal blog page, not a page where you’re just embedding posts as would be done with the recent posts stack, what would be a use case for disabling the pagination?

Hello Adam,

Happy New Year! On a normal blog page - I don’t see the purpose of this feature as well.

I have a few clients that love to showcase the most recent news on their home page with the image, the date, the read more link … the whole shebang (this news feed is a big feature on their home page). They basically want the function of the recent post stack but the look that comes with the blog summary stack. I was able to pull this off using the blog summary stack with the exception of the pagination feature still showing.

I know there is probably another work around with this and I am open to suggestions. Nevertheless, the entire Alloy set of stacks is awesome as is.

Justin

1 Like

This is a request I get as well from clients, a summary with the image and the read more link. They want to place this on the homepage for e. g. the 3 most recent blog posts.

2 Likes

The problem with using the Blog Entries stack for this instead of the Recent Posts stack is that it isn’t linking to the blog page it is creating a separate blog page based around the home page. This would mean if a visitor clicks on a topper image, read more button, etc to read the post, they’re not taken to the blog page. The blog page is now the home page, or wherever you’re substituting the Blog Entries stack for the Recent Posts stack.

1 Like

Hello Adam,

You are 100% correct - I encountered that problem while designing a site last week. It was more of a work around to accommodate some of my clients and not meddle with the perfection that is the current Alloy :heart_eyes:.

The ideal solution would be to have the recent post stacks with the option to have image topper, date, author, read more, etc. Basically, allow it to look like the summary blog post; however, I thought that this might be too much. Thus the reason for my initial post.

Justin

1 Like