3rd-party addons that work with Foundry

Hello, is there a list with 3the part addons that is compatible working with Foundry?
Best regards, Tom

I doubt there is any list or even if it’s possible, realistically, given the number of stacks out there and the number of new ones popping up. I can, however, attest that the following work fine (assuming by “addon” you mean “stacks”)

S4S - Fancyviewer, Progallery and Weather Embed
Doobox - Hunter 3
1LD - Live Search
Big White Duck - Pop Drop
Weaver Themes - Magazine
Your’s Truly - Home brew stacks working no problem!

Greg

1 Like

Hi there @Ribse!

As @wirrah points out, maintaining such a list would be a near impossible feat. That being said, most 3rd-party stacks should work just fine within Foundry.

I’ve bought and use plenty of third party stacks which all work without issues in Foundry.

3 Likes

@Ribse
Hi Tom, can say that must of the 3rd party stacks work fine with Foundry. I’m using quite a few and no issues with it, in every case you can always ask to the developers of the stacks… most of them offer refund if it don’t work.
Regards

…most of them offer refund if it don’t work.

That is a pretty broad statement @tino. Most will work with you to make sure they can assist you in getting their product to work as it should. I would never expect to purchase a stack expecting a refund if it does not work with every stack on the market. There are a wide variety of reasons any given stack may or may not work with another stack.

Thankfully a great many stacks work with Foundry.

1 Like

That’s right Adam,yes indeed.

Sounds great, i gone try it. Thanks for the reactions!

It would be easier to make a list of 3rd party stacks that don’t work with Foundry and right now I think that would be an empty list.

If in any doubt, then why not ask the developer if they have checked the stack with Foundry. Most good developers will have Foundry available should there be a remote chance that there is a problem and then be in a position to correct it.

I have used several S4S, BWD and inStacks stacks without any issues whatsoever.

2 Likes

I have to completely disagree here. Most developers are very busy, and really do not have time to play. It takes a lot of time to set up examples that work the way some people request, and just sticking a stack onto a blank Foundry page does not tell you the whole story either.

I do not see an issue with purchasing a stack, if you can’t get it to work, then ask the stack or theme developer for help. 99.99% of all developers will work together to get an issue fixed between two products. I believe there was an early issue with Impact and Foundry. We contacted Adam with it, he found the issue and fixed it and released a bug fix really fast.

Constantly asking if this stack or that stack works in this theme or that theme just takes up time. I can see if you could ask if there might be an issue with certain stacks, like if you were using one of Adam’s other themes, like one of my favorites Navigator, and wondered if a specified stack like Eclipse (full background video stack). Things like that I can understand, but to constantly email developers asking if this or that works, is just too much in my opinion (and please don’t start the making trial versions of stacks).

Sorry to rant and I hope I didn’t offend anyone with what I said or my tone, as there is no tone to this email, just stating what I think.

@zeebe The question is a test question and is more of a test to see how a developer responds. Also I wasn’t suggesting asking a developer to “play” or constantly ask the same question, just to answer, do you have Foundry and have you checked this stack - it requires just yes/no answers. This would only apply to old and obscure stacks anyway.

Also some developers, request that a buyer requests this information from the “theme” developer before committing to a purchase (which I don’t think is reasonable).

Some small developers don’t have Foundry (or Foundation) and therefore, can’t test it if it turns out to be an issue. This should raise some alarm bells. Also, if a developer is so busy that they can’t respond, then that should also raises an alarm bell.

2 Likes

I think we can agree that we’ve come to the conclusion that:

• Most stacks should work just fine in Foundry.
  • If you run into a problem with a stack being compatible with Foundry, please let both myself and the developer of the 3rd-party stack know and we’ll do our best to make them work together, if that is a possibility. Sometimes things just aren’t compatible.
  • Most developers will happily let you know whether their stacks work within Foundry or not. If a developer out there doesn’t have Foundry in-hand for testing purposes they can get in touch with me and I’ll be glad to help them out.

With that I’m going to close this one up.

3 Likes